Homemade Peach Pie


I made a bunch of pies with my home grown peaches last summer. I found an easy recipe:


Peach Pie Filling

1 qt. (4 cups) peeled and sliced fresh peaches

3/4 cup sugar

3 tablespoons quick tapioca

1/4 teaspoon salt

dash lemon juice

dash cinnamon

2 tablespoons butter


Mix all ingredients minus the butter. Set for 15 minutes. Stir again and pour into a pie shell. Dot with the butter (sliced of course.)


I used Pillsbury Pie Crusts (the ones in a roll.) Cover the edges with foil so it doesn't burn and bake at 400 deg. for 60 minutes.


The gal who gave me this recipe makes the filling and freezes it in a gallon bag so when she wants a pie all she has to do is thaw the filling and slide it into a crust. Good idea!

Comments

LisaShaw said…
O my!!! I'm going to have to try this!

I'm hopping over to your piles of smiles blog to leave you some love.