Peach Crisp




2 ½ pounds fresh peaches, peeled, pitted

1 cup sifted all-purpose flour

1 cup sugar

¼ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon cinnamon

½ cup soft butter


Butter an 8-inch square baking dish. Preheat oven to 375. Slice peeled, pitted peaches into the prepared baking dish. Sift together the flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon into a medium bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over peaches in baking dish. Bake at 375 for 45 to 50 minutes, until topping is golden brown and peaches are tender. Serve peach crisp warm with cream or whipped topping.

Comments

My neighbor just gave us about a dozen peaches from their peach tree. Thanks for the great recipe!!
Big Fat Mama
Barbara said…
that sounds so good, I love peach anything, and this sure is making my mouth water, thanks for this recipe, I make a lot of peach things too. hugs and blessings Barbara from http://bakinnbitsbarbara.blogspot.com/
Dianna said…
Mary, I had to come back here and tell you that I made a peach crisp yesterday over your recipe and it was absolutely WONDERFUL! OH. MY. GOODNESS! My husband said, "This is so good!" with every bite he took! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm thinking that I will try your peach coffee cake recipe today.