Italian Beef Sandwich


I found the best recipe for Italian Beef Sandwiches! I made it last night and took some to a girlfriend who just had surgery. She loved it. By the time I got home for my own supper, my husband was on his second sandwich! When I realized how blurry my photo turned out that I took of my own plate, it was too late to snap another! My husband was scraping the bottom of the crock pot with leftover bread!

1 large roast (fat trimmed if needed)
1 package Good Seasons Italian dressing
1/4 cup vinegar
1 Tbs. sugar
1-cup beef broth
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 package brown gravy mix (mixed with 1 cup water)
1 green pepper, sliced


Poke the meat with a fork or knife and put it in the crock pot. Mix all the ingredients and pour over the meat. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Meat will fall apart at the touch of a fork. I served it on bakery buns with extra beef juice and green peppers fried in olive oil.

Comments

RCUBEs said…
I didn't care about the pic sister Mary. All I'm thinking was "yummy"...I might have to try this when my son starts school. He loves to bring food from home for his lunch. (Same with hubby)..So..thank you for sharing...God bless and love to you sister. I'm drooooolinngggg!