Pulled Pork Sandwiches







I rarely prepare pork dishes, but I found a pork loin roast on sale and the kids were joining us for Sunday dinner so I tried this recipe.  My husband liked it better than the recipe he tasted at the county fair.   My daughter and I preferred sandwiches while the guys ate theirs over mashed potatoes with corn on the cob. 

Ingredients:

4 pound pork roast
1 (7-ounce) can fire roasted diced green chilies
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup cola

Directions:

Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Place the meat into the bottom of your cooker. In a small mixing bowl, combine the chilies, tomato paste, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, sugar, and salt. Stir to create a paste, and then smear this mixture on all sides of your meat. Good idea to marinate in this mixture, if time permits.

Pour in cola.  Cover, and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or until pork has relaxed and begun to fall apart. If you used pork tenderloin, slice thinly and serve over rice or mashed potatoes. If you opted for a shoulder roast, shred completely using two large forks.

Comments

My daughter gave us a container with pulled pork made with ...I believe it was slow cooked with root beer... but don't hold me to it. It was delish also! This looks great!