Nut Horns


5 cups flour
1 lb. Imperial margarine
Work this like pie dough, and then add:
2 tablespoons vanilla
12 egg yolks
1/2 pint (1 cup) sour cream

Mix  well.  Make approximately 115 balls the size of a walnut.  Refrigerate overnight.
Confession:  I had a hard time with this dough and added more flour!

Filling
2 lbs. of ground walnuts
3 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
add:  12 stiffly beaten egg whites

Place mixture in a large pan, mix well and stir constantly on a low flame until mixture becomes a little warm to dissolve the sugar.


Work with about ten balls of dough from the fridge at a time.  Roll out each ball paper thin trying not to use too much flour on the board.  Place a teaspoon or more of the nut filling in the center and shape in a crescent form.  Handle very little trying not to squeeze the ends too much.

Bake in a 350 oven for about ten to twelve minutes or until brown.  When cool, sprinkle with powder sugar.

Comments

Hi Saleslady! This reminds me of a recipe my mother had for nut rolls, but of course much smaller in size! I will have to share both of my Mom's recipes for nut rolls! I've not made them in some time! Thanks for sharing!