· 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from 5 limes)
· 1 avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
· 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
· 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion, optional
· 1 cucumber, chopped
· 1-2 stalks celery
· 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
· 1 can hearts of palm
· 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· Coarse salt and ground pepper
· Lime wedges, for serving
Combine tomatoes, cucumber, celery, cilantro, hearts of palm, olive oil, salt and pepper and onion if using. I’m allergic to onion so I skip this. Toss with lime juice and serve with lime wedges and avocado on top.
*Shrimp is sometimes added, or sea bass, or Garbanzo beans for additional flavor.