Banana Bread


Ingredients
· 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
· 1/3 cup melted butter
· 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
· 1 egg, beaten
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· Pinch of salt
· 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

Comments

wow! We love banana bread. Charlotte makes it but I never have. I am going to be trying that Mexican casserole some day. Today I am going to make Green Chile Enchiladas.
Ziggy Stardust said…
Hi, I found this wonderful blog following from Spiritual Sunday. I have a cooking blog also called Comfort Food. Your recipes are wonderful. I love banana bread and am going to give this a try. Thank you.

God bless you Anne
Unknown said…
I love banana bread! What a great recipe I'll have to give it a try.

Cabbage Soup Diet